Wedding Songs: Violin and Orchestral Versions of the Songs You Love!

by jaime on June 25, 2012

Jun Sung Ahn is my new musical muse when it comes to wedding songs! Here are a few of my favorites – thanks to Dani G. for sharing!

I Won’t Give Up (by Jason Mraz) – this version is my new front-runner for my walk down the aisle. SO. BEAUTIFUL.

I know a lot of you are big Christina Perri fans (particularly her song “Penguin” – which I’d never heard till I started this blog!), but you can get a violin version of “A Thousand Years” – totally amazing.

And since a few of you loved Adele’s “Someone Like You” – here’s the non-lyric solution. Still desperately gorgeous, and totally romantic.

Another highly recommended group to check out was Vitamin String Quartet. Erica was the first to recommend them, and she pulled out the song that my sister and her fiance will be dancing to – Goo Goo Dolls’ “Iris” – thanks, Erica!

I’m a closet Taylor Swift fan, so when I heard VSQ’s version of “Love Story”, I got a little misty-eyed. I think you guys will love this one, too.

And then a full orchestral cover of a song that I love – OneRepublic’s “Secrets” from The Piano Guys & Lyceum Orchestra. It’s hauntingly beautiful – I think the arrangement is so well done, and they’ve made that crescendo perfect for a processional.

One of the most requested – and most used songs, according to our readers! – is Train’s “Marry Me”. This version by Timothy Espinosa is perfect for your walk down the aisle, especially if you want to do something a little bit different. It’s a great use of the song that you love without going the standard route.

Which is your favorite? And – if it’s not listed – tell me some orchestral or violin solo versions of songs that you just can’t get enough of!

Jennifer June 26, 2012 at 4:48 am

Oh. My. Gosh. I must walk down the aisle to the first one. I almost cried. So freaking beautiful. Thanks so much for posting this!

jaime June 27, 2012 at 6:58 am

You’re welcome – and I totally know how you feel about that Jason Mraz cover. So swoonworthy!

Thanks for your sweet comment!

Betsy July 4, 2012 at 6:26 pm

OMG, I totally agree with Jennifer! I had been stressing a bit about not having THE song (or a first dance song!). But the instrumental version of I Won’t Give Up is just amazing. Thank you soooooo much for posting these!

Shauna June 27, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I only thought I could walk down the aisle to pacabel canon but after hearing Jason mraz’s I won’t give up, I couldn’t imagine walking down to anything else!!! Thank you!

Kara July 5, 2012 at 10:46 pm

I’m completely in love with Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, string quartet version! All my bridesmaids teared up when I played it for them at my venue.

Marina July 11, 2012 at 2:09 pm

OMG!!! I am so thankful that you have posted this website! I found you via pinterest and can not stop listening to all the beautiful songs you have. I have definitely fell in love with the Jason Mraz song and the One Republic song. Thanks again!

Greta July 18, 2012 at 9:54 am

So amazing. Marry Me by Train is my favorite song ever, however, I’ve heard that there is a Violin cover of Beyonce’s Halo and I can’t find it. If someone knows where to look I would be so grateful. Thanks!

Robin September 10, 2012 at 7:57 pm

I found this classical cover on youtube for beyonce’s halo. Halo-Beyonce-Classical Cover by Aston. I hope this helps you!

Sarah July 26, 2012 at 3:09 pm

If you are using a DJ for your ceremony how would you even be able to use one of these covers :(

Betsy July 28, 2012 at 9:48 am

Sarah, many of them you can download a version. Jun Sung Ahn and VSQ both sell them online, and then you could give it to the DJ.

Alisha August 9, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Very easily. I am a manager for a DJ company and we do these version of songs ALL the time. We just purchase them and play them!

Brittani July 29, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Thank you SO much for posting these. I am not doing a traditional wedding and I like to be outside the box. I was having such a hard time trying to find something that I liked. I love EVERY single one of these songs and I will play every single one whether I am playing them while people are taking their seats and playing one as I walk down the isle. Now I just have to figure out how to get these on a CD to send to my wedding planner and DJ!!! Thank you.

Krystle August 3, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Aaah! I’ve chosen A Thousand Years by the Piano Guys. Cello AND Piano. It’s haunting. I love it and can’t wait to walk down the isle to it in October!
I have a TON of classical/remixes on my wedding list 😀 Can’t wait!

Sarah August 6, 2012 at 11:11 pm

I am in love with the instrumental version of “Moon River” which was featured in Breakfast at Tiffany’s.

Micajah September 17, 2012 at 9:11 pm

I was having a really really bad day and this article led me to the Piano Guys who are just phenomenal. I found what I am going to walk down the aisle to, as well as pre-ceremony music!

Taylor October 29, 2012 at 9:46 am

I love all of these but fiance found one for me and the moment he played it i couldn’t stop crying. It’s going to be the song I walk down the alise too since we aren’t having a bid dance party. it’s a cover of A thousand years by The Piano Guys. One of my favorites is their cover of What Makes You Beautiful! They also have a bunch of fun covers of classic songs as well which we both loved a lot. The guy playing the cello from the Secret’s on is actually the cello player from the group! Check them out!

Here’s A Thousand Years: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaTQ5-XfMM&list=UUmKurapML4BF9Bjtj4RbvXw&index=6&feature=plcp

Here’s What Makes You Beautiful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VqTwnAuHws

Daniela December 18, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Wow. That Christina Perry song almost brought me to tears… I can envision walking down the isle to it. So beautiful!

America December 24, 2012 at 8:31 am

Christina Perri’s song Penguin is on the top of my list! If you know anything about penguins, they search their whole life for their mate. I watched a documentary on them and then started referring to my boyfriend as my penguin so now penguins are our thing! It’s a beautiful song! A Thousand Years and Penguin will be in our wedding!

K December 30, 2012 at 12:16 am

Oh my goodness I am so glad I pinned this site… I’ve been searching for an instrumental I liked for A Thousand Years, which was my absolutely PERFECT song to walk down the isle to, and I absolutely love the Piano Guys version of it! I just played it for my fiance and he actually cried, said he couldn’t imagine any other song to watch me walk down the isle toward him :) Thanks for posting this!

Danielle January 9, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I can’t get “I won’t give up” to play. For some reason when I click on it it tells me the video does not exist? Is there another link I could try?

Betsy January 10, 2013 at 11:42 am
Tatiana February 26, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Does anyone know where I can find the violin sheet music for these songs? I’ve had a hard time finding them online. I need Marry Me by Train, A Thousand Years by Christina Perri, Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve, and All My Life by the Beatles.

Amanda February 28, 2013 at 6:54 pm

I lost my dad so I will be walking down the aisel with my two brothers and ill be dacing with my 9 year old son i need help finding songs for that lol can someone help me please

Hailey March 17, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Thank you so much for your site! I was literally freaking out this morning about not having any good songs for the aisle/first dance, etc…thanks to your site, I now have so many ideas! Thanks for making wedding planning a little less stressful and a LOT more enjoyable!

jaime March 19, 2013 at 7:32 am

Oh Hailey, so glad that I could help! Make sure to check out all the posts – there are tons of ideas!

Victoria March 31, 2013 at 9:32 am

Thanks for posting. This helped me a lot :-)

Danielle April 9, 2013 at 9:51 pm

these are two I’ve been leaning towards.

VSQ – Pictures of You – The Cure (it’s actually a sad break up song but it’s so beautiful in strings)

or their version of The Cure’s Lovesong (yes they did it before 311)

Shelby April 28, 2013 at 9:56 am

Thank you so much! As soon as I heard this violin version of A Thousand Years I knew it was the one. I’ve heard the piano one too and it’s beautiful, but it wasn’t as emotional for me.
I am so excited to walk down the aisle to this song!!!

Matthew June 5, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Does anyone know where I can get I won’t give up on Violin?

I emailed the guy that does it on you tube but he has not responded.

The violin version is perfect. We are doing a small out of state ceremony with no band so I am making a music list and using my I phone plugged in another room so I need a downloadable copy.

Thanks

Ashley August 11, 2013 at 8:37 pm

i agree with the comment below, the first one “a thousand years” just instrumental is beautiful! getting married in September and pretty sure i’m going to walk down the aisle to this! thanks for the suggestions!

Frankie December 8, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I’d love to walk down the aisle to a good instrumental cover of Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova (the once)…there’s a few versions on YouTube but I haven’t found the right one yet!!

CHRIS February 25, 2014 at 12:24 am
Crystal J January 13, 2014 at 12:22 am

thanks for this list, I was going this route and wasn’t sure if some of my selections were applicable. We definitely would love to see a follow up post of this!!

Jessica March 8, 2014 at 7:31 pm

I LOVE “I won’t give up on us!” FAVORITE! I’m thinking the cover for the isle & a follow up first dance with the actual song :)

Stephanie May 6, 2014 at 3:51 pm

The Christina Perri ” A Thousand Years”, is absolutely beautiful. I think that I will tell my orchestra to change my march to it. Thank you so very much!

Erin June 11, 2014 at 7:17 am
Kathy July 23, 2014 at 3:48 am

Looking for falling slowly from the movie once. Thanks

Ashton August 19, 2014 at 10:19 pm

So I’m sort of obsessed with the piano guys!!! A thousand years by them is what we are walking down the aisle to! I can’t wait

Eve November 24, 2014 at 8:43 am

Jamie:
Just a note of EXTREME frustration from a Wedding Planner/Disc Jockey. These songs are not officially released by the artist for use in a wedding. Without proper LEGAL permission your wedding music provider CANNOT play these songs. It is ILLEGAL. I am furiously searching for music for a bride who selected her music on youtube.com. You cannot believe how many brides I have to disappoint because the song they wanted can’t be played. They find it on blogs like this, on youtube, or elsewhere and fall in love with it. Please do your research before posting these things. :( I have to go call a bride and let her down now……

Eve November 24, 2014 at 8:51 am

Apologize: Not all these songs are available. The Piano Guys do make their music available for use. The Vitamin String Quartet is another good option for instrumental versions. I’ve also found the ‘Bridesmaids Quartet’, Piano Tribute Players, and Fred Bendetti & Peter Pupping.

Cari Orozco December 4, 2014 at 11:07 pm

You should look up Begin Again by the Piano Guys. It’s a cover of the Taylor Swift song, but it almost brought me to tears. I plan on walking down the aisle to that. :)

Julia January 11, 2015 at 12:21 pm

My favourite is You Raise Me Up – I’ll be using: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-zvV5Bsshc in June on our happy day.