Wedding Songs: Top Reader Recommended Songs for Your Ceremony

by jaime on June 28, 2012

Best readers ever? I think so. We’ve already shared a collection of great songs that our readers recommended, but there’s no such thing as too many options (unless we’re talking about wedding dresses!) – so here are ten more amazing songs that our readers have shared – tell us about your favorites in the comments below!

Blake Shelton – “God Gave Me You”

Matthew West – “When I Say I Do”

Van Morrison – “Someone Like You”

Christina Perri – “Penguin”

Dave Matthews Band – “You and Me”

Colbie Caillat and Jason Mraz – “Lucky”

Chantal Kreviazuk – “Feels Like Home”

Ray Lamontagne – “You Are the Best Thing”

Death Cab for Cutie – “Follow You Into The Dark”

Tim McGraw – “My Best Friend”

Check out our other music posts – First Dance Songs, Songs to Walk Down the Aisle, Father Daughter Dance Songs, Cake Cutting Songs, Violin and Instrumental Songs and more! (Phew, that’s a lot of music!)

{ 10 comments }

Kailah July 12, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Listen to this song, Now that I’ve found you, it is absolutely gorgeous.

Mandi July 16, 2012 at 11:09 am

I’ve always been partial to Carrie Underwoods “Inside your heaven” as a wedding march song and a friend of mine walked to Toby Mac’s City On Its Knees…as two families merge as one. Pretty awesome.

Kristin July 16, 2012 at 6:26 pm

I chose Kid Rock’s “When You Love Someone”…. it’s a very un-Kid-Rock-like song, but it is beautiful. And its kind of long, which works out so the entire procession can walk to it. The words can’t be more fitting for a wedding!

Rebecca July 20, 2012 at 5:46 am

I walked down the aisle to an instrumental “Here Comes the Sun” played live. My husband and bridal party walked down to “Good Day Sunshine” and our recessional was “All You Need is Love”. We had a little Beatles theme :)

Sadie August 30, 2012 at 9:00 pm

My first dance is going to be “Forever in Blue Jeans” by Neil Diamond. The lyrics are totally my fiance and I!!

Erin December 8, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I walked to a string duo playing “All I Ask Of You” from Phantom of the Opera. It was perfect! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rcar15Yyoo

donna April 7, 2013 at 1:00 pm

I really need some good ideas for a mother daughter dance. we are best friends and I need a song that shows that

Rachel June 24, 2013 at 1:47 pm

A friend of mine used the instumental version of this song to walk down the aisle… it would also work as a first dance. Beautiful song… I cry every time.

Rachel June 24, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Its called The Luckiest by Ben Folds

Lindsay July 26, 2013 at 10:36 am

When I get married, our first dance will be to Mark Wills’ “I Do (Cherish You).” It just seems perfect. Sweetest song I’ve ever heard for a first dance.

Comments on this entry are closed.