I’ve made a few boards for other wedding color schemes, but I can say that teal was definitely a fun one. It’s one of those colors where it can look modern or vintage, cutesy or clean and it photographs oh-so-well.
Did you have teal in your wedding color scheme? Share with us in the comments how YOU chose your wedding decor – and what works best for you!
Going to a teal wedding this year? Two recommendations:
– Avoid wearing teal, but look for complimentary colors like brown and orange. Check out this orange Diane von Furstenberg dress or this Target Maxi Dress in Spanish Brown.
– Want to give a great color-themed gift? My favorites are the Le Creuset rectangular dish in Caribbean, a Mikasa teal glass vase and this Anthropologie teal chevron rug.
Planning your own teal wedding? Here are a few tips:
– Talk to your bridesmaids about the dresses they want. If you’re going for a single look for your girls, I recommend this One-Shoulder Monique Lhuillier Dress or the Ann Taylor Miracle Dress.
– Coordinate your paper items (menus, invitations and even thank you cards!) with your color scheme. I just love this teal thank you card (with a picture of you and your new hubby!) and this purple and teal menu template.
– Don’t force your man into a teal jacket. Go subtle and have him rock a matching pocket square or tie.
– Spring for a manicure for you and your bridal party so you all look picture perfect. Try a hot teal polish like butter London’s Artful Dodger or Essie’s Go Overboard.
– If you really love teal, incorporate it into your look for the day. You can throw on a sash, pick cute teal underwear or flaunt your pedicure with some cute shoes (our readers LOVE the Badgley Mischka Goodie heel!)