Sign up for the free bridal fitness program, Fit to Be Bride!

by jaime on July 25, 2012

I asked on Facebook who might be interested in joining a fitness program with me as I work toward getting healthier for my wedding day, and there was a swell of responses! So, let’s kick this off with the introduction of Fit to Be Bride!

Our goal? Healthy. Sustainable. Results. No crash dieting. No starving yourself. And no skipping workouts. Let’s make this count, ladies! It doesn’t matter what the number is on your waistband (or your wedding dress) – we’re looking to create the best possible versions of ourselves without being overly strict or unrealistic.

Here are a couple of questions to start you out. If you want to join in, answer them in the comments. For everyone who answers, I’ll add you to our exclusive email list and send you everything you need, from workouts to calendars, food ideas and more, including tips to avoid fitness burnout.

1. Do you keep a food journal?
2. How often do you work out now?
3. What is your goal from FTBB?
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge?
5. Where do you live?

The fitness plan starts August 1st, but you can sign up here any time – I’ll add you in ASAP! And this is seriously for any level, from girls who have never worked out before to the gym rats we love to envy!

I can’t wait to start this program with you – I’ll be sharing my results weekly so you can keep up-to-date on the blog (even if you’re not following along!) and to keep it real. I’m not a fitness guru, and I am not known for eating healthily, so I think a lot of us will have the same challenges.

To our health (and honeymoons!)

PS – after you sign up, be sure to share this post on Facebook so your friends can join in. Remember, fitness is easier (and more fun!) with friends!

Ciera July 25, 2012 at 10:19 am

1. Do you keep a food journal? Yes (myfitnesspal.com)
2. How often do you work out now? 4-5 days per week
3. What is your goal from FTBB? I would like to tone and lose 4-5 pounds
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? Sticking with the workouts!
5. Where do you live? San Diego, CA

jaime July 25, 2012 at 10:23 am

I told you I’d do this, too!

1. I keep a food journal on Google Docs.
2. I only JUST started working out again, but I’m doing it about 4x/week.
3. My goal is to seriously tone up, but still keep my curves. I want my dress to fit me, after all!
4. My biggest challenge is in the kitchen – I struggle to stick with a healthy regimen.
5. I live in Denver, CO.

Can’t wait to kick this off with you guys!

Bonnie Cloutier July 25, 2012 at 10:24 am

Sign me up for the Fit to be a Bride please and thank you!! My wedding is October 26, 2013 and I have a goal to lose another 50 lbs before then! I’ve already lost 56 lbs in the last two years. =)

Samantha G. July 25, 2012 at 10:41 am

1. Do you keep a food journal? No… :( I get frustrated with the apps because my food never fits in!
2. How often do you work out now? Occasionally
3. What is your goal from FTBB? I have about 30 lbs and some toning to d
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? Sticking to it. I only stuck to giving up sugar and sodium in drinks and smoking… Everything else is HARD!
5. Where do you live? Lancaster PA

Brooke Matissek July 25, 2012 at 10:43 am

I would love to do it!!! 1.I do keep a food journal.2.I just started workin out n running again 3-4 days a wk 3.My goal is to tone up,get my stomach tight n work on my arms 4.I think my biggest challenge will be in the kitchen-tryn to stick to healthy foods a lit.bit until I get use to it. 5.New Port Richey,FL

Brooke Matissek July 25, 2012 at 10:46 am

I would love to be fitted before our wedding-so my dress look’s great on me and I have the feeling I did what I promised myself to do.

Jewelyn July 25, 2012 at 11:03 am

1. Do you keep a food journal? – Not currently.
2. How often do you work out now? – 3/4 Days a week – some weeks more when I have the time.
3. What is your goal from FTBB? – Honestly, to grain strength and toning. I’m not overweight, but I’m short, so a little weight shows a great deal on my body. I’d like to take that off, but, more importantly, have strong muscles underneath.
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? – I’ve worked pretty hard to get where I am and am at the last 5 lbs. I’ve plateaued and breaking through that will be my biggest challenge.
5. Where do you live? – Arlington, Virginia (outside of Washington, DC)

De Leigh July 25, 2012 at 12:24 pm

1. Not currently
2. 3 times a week
3. Get tones for my April Wedding!
4. Resisting cravings
5. North Carolina

Rebecca July 25, 2012 at 12:31 pm

1. Do you keep a food journal? Sort of. I have the LoseIt app on my phone.
2. How often do you work out now? Three times per week.
3. What is your goal from FTBB? I would like to tone up and lose a few pounds.
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? Overcoming serious nerves in the gym!
5. Where do you live? Wickford, Rhode Island

angela July 25, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I used to
2 to 3 times a wk
My goal is to tone and lose at least 10lbs.
My biggest challenge is time and eating
Better
Galway, NY

sandy July 25, 2012 at 1:40 pm

For those of you seeking good calories and full nutrition, I highly recommend trying Shakeology (works best with a blender). NO, I’m not a coach or a salesperson from Beachbody. I have done and continue to do their workout programs – currently a hybrid of P90X and Insanity – but I’ve also done P90X2, Turbo Fire and Brazillian Butt Lift (BBL).

For those of you seeking to fit into a sleek mermaid cut, I recommend BBL – you’d be surprised how it works the backside, particularly the “High and Tight” dvd. If you’re seeking a super toned body and like working with weights, the new Les Mills PUMP is supposed to be great. It’s a 3-4 day/wk program, and if you order with the full weights, you’ll be all set and never need to step foot into a gym while you prep for your big day (and let’s face it, the bachelorette party!).

ANYWAY, Shakeology is a great supplement to have because it’s a complete meal. The vegan tropical version is 160 calories, and that would make a great breakfast and/or with a banana and cold almond milk, or coconut milk and frozen strawberries, etc. You WILL get full from it, and you won’t need extra vitamins because this stuff has it all. The company just released a vegan chocolate version too. Why vegan? Because whey protein creates inflammation (as does any dairy or animal protein), which your system may not agree with, but you might not realize the symptoms that can show up within 30 minutes to 3 days of taking.

You can use the Shakeology as part of your fitness challenge, and you will be thankful that you did. Lots of people lose a bunch of weight on it, their hair, skin and nails look better, they feel cleaned out and their workouts produce better results. It isn’t cheap, but since it’s considered a meal replacement, it’s worth the price. And when you get your shipment, you get a litany of recipes to use with it, so have some fun! :)

Kristina Harkin July 25, 2012 at 1:45 pm

1. Do you keep a food journal? Not currently, but would be willing to do so.
2. How often do you work out now? I work in retail and ride my horse 3-4x/week, walking and tennis, but nothing IN an actual gym
3. What is your goal from FTBB? I would like to learn to eat healthier, become more toned, and learn some things to pass on to my future husband :)
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? Caffeine – I’m a lover of diet sodas…
5. Where do you live? Edgewater, CO

Kalyn Groen July 25, 2012 at 1:52 pm

1. Do you keep a food journal? No
2. How often do you work out now? 4-5 days a week
3. What is your goal from FTBB? Tone up and lose 20 – 30 pounds within the year
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? Eatting healthier/ cutting out soda
5. Where do you live? Orlando, Florida

Kiz July 25, 2012 at 2:53 pm

1. Do you keep a food journal? I have an app but I’m not loyal to it. Maybe this will help.
2. How often do you work out now? I am at the gym every M-F before work.
3. What is your goal from FTBB? I would like to lose 45 lbs by March 2, 2013
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? I know my biggest challenge is eating the right food with my fiance. He does the cooking and/or we eat out ALOT.
5. Where do you live? Overland Park, KS. So not alot of outdoor activities in our 104 degree weather right now

Mary Mandel July 25, 2012 at 6:27 pm

1. Do you keep a food journal? Not regularly
2. How often do you work out now? 3x’s a week
3. What is your goal from FTBB? to loose 20 pounds this fall, so I can try on a dresses in the size I want to be for my wedding next year!
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? Committing to eating healthy even on weekends and when we go out.
5. Where do you live? Portland, OR

Heather B July 25, 2012 at 7:21 pm

1. Do you keep a food journal? No
2. How often do you work out now? 2-3 days a week
3. What is your goal from FTBB? Get toned and lose my muffin top
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? Eating healthier and getting my butt to the gym
5. Where do you live? Aurora, IL

Danielle July 25, 2012 at 7:24 pm

1. Do you keep a food journal? I have in the past, but not currently.
2. How often do you work out now? Not enough!
3. What is your goal from FTBB? Tone up for my April Wedding and Honeymoon!
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? Eating healthier. Finding time to work out with a busy work schedule.
5. Where do you live? Massachusetts

Daniela July 25, 2012 at 10:39 pm

1. Do you keep a food journal? Nope.
2. How often do you work out now? Twice a week.
3. What is your goal from FTBB? To loose about 35 pounds.
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? Cut out carbs.
5. Where do you live? Buenos Aires, Argentina :)

Kaitlin July 25, 2012 at 10:51 pm

1. Not currently
2. Barely at all
3. Get toned and lose my pregancy weight + more!!
4. I just had a baby on April 13th 2012 via c-section due to complications and I’m having a hard time getting back into shape. My biggest challenge is that my fiance works on the oil rigs, and so it’s just me at home alone with my son 21 days a month, so exercise and cooking pose a issue :/
5. Alberta, Canada

Kammie July 26, 2012 at 8:47 am

1. No I do not currently have a food journal.
2. I workout occasionally.
3. Lose 30 pounds and tone up.
4. Sticking to the plan.
5. Philippi, West Virginia.

Kamm July 26, 2012 at 8:54 am

1. Do not currently have a food journal.
2. Work out occasionally.
3. Lose 30 pounds!
4. Sticking to the whole plan.
5. Philippi, West Virginia.

Looking forward to this!

Maya Swanson July 27, 2012 at 12:14 pm

1. Do you keep a food journal?
not yet, but im guessing i should start?
2. How often do you work out now?
once a month. Planning on doing it ALOT more just havent found the time.
3. What is your goal from FTBB?
lose about 15lb and some inches but Nov 17th
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge?
eating better. I LOVE food and i have a large appetite
5. Where do you live?
Austin, TX

Ana July 27, 2012 at 1:02 pm

1. Do you keep a food journal? No
2. How often do you work out now? Not very often. I work during the day and rehearse at night
3. What is your goal from FTBB? to be healthier, and tone up some areas that have lost its tone
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? Definitely, sticking to it. I have a very bizarre schedule and I just need to have something like this help me.
5. Where do you live? Chicago, IL

Jamie July 28, 2012 at 9:49 am

1. Do you keep a food journal? I use MyFitnessPal but am not very loyal to it.
2. How often do you work out now? Occasionally; trying to be more consistent.
3. What is your goal from FTBB? Be a little more tone and maybe drop 5 lbs
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? Sticking with it
5. Where do you live? Lakeland, FL

Brooke July 28, 2012 at 3:32 pm

1. Do you keep a food journal? I am doing WeightWatchers and use their app on my phone to track my food/points!
2. How often do you work out? Occasionally…pretty rare. When I do I go for walks.
3. What is your goal from FTBB? To lose weight before my dress shopping date of November 8, and to lose close to 50 lbs by my July 2013 weddking.
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? Staying active.
5. Where do you live? Torrance, CA.

Crystal July 28, 2012 at 7:57 pm

1. Do you keep a food journal? YES– @ myfitnesspal.com
2. How often do you work out now? So far, three to four days a week for 30 mins each time (walks or jogs). But I haven’t lost weight over the last 1.5 mos so far.
3. What is your goal from FTBB? my goal is to lose 30 lbs for my wedding in Sept 2013 but dress shopping will be in Jan. 2013!
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? I’m obsessed with sugar… too much = no fat loss
5. Where do you live? Tucson, AZ

Rachael Boykin July 29, 2012 at 8:48 pm

1. I do not keep a journal but going to start
2. I try to walk and workout 5 days a week
3. My biggest struggle is food
4.my goal is to loose 20-30 pounds

I’m excited about this. Glad I found u. Thanks for doing this

Bonnie Oates July 31, 2012 at 6:28 am

1. Do you keep a food journal? sometimes
2. How often do you work out now? before foot problems I use to walk every day now since foot problem i’m lucky if I do once a week
3. What is your goal from FTBB?to loose as much as I can by my wedding sept 29, 2012 and to get back on track again
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? my foot and food
5. Where do you live? NH
Glad that I decided to join even if my foot isn’t healed yet I figure I can do arm circles or something ; plan on putting my all into this and continuing on after my wedding too.

Jordan Hendrix July 31, 2012 at 2:05 pm

1. I do not keep a food journal.
2. I work out when I can (or whenever I remember and push myself to do it). So probably like once a week.
3. My goal is to lose 10/15 pounds by my March wedding; specifically to lose my love handles.
4. My biggest challenge will be the food I eat and how much of it I eat.
5. I live in Tacoma, Washington.

I’m so glad I foudn this! I’m not very good at motivating myself. I was afraid I wasn’t going to meet my wedding/honeymoon goal, but I feel so much better now!

Anna Fellenberg August 1, 2012 at 2:52 pm

1. I do not keep a food journal
2. I work out when I’m with the Jordan Hendrix, so maybe once a month
3. My goal is to also lose 10-15lbs by her March wedding; specifically my love handles
4. My biggest challenge will be the motivation of working out and continue to work out when I’m stressed
5. I live in Tacoma, WA

Although I’m not a bride-to-be, I will be in the wedding and want to support Jordan on her path towards her goal and still look good, myself for the wedding

Kristi L July 31, 2012 at 4:25 pm

1. I do not keep a food journal.
2. I work out when I can, am trying to do so 2-3 times a week during the summer. Once fall /winter hits, I am going to try for 3-4 times a week.
3. My goal is to lose 15/20 pounds by my July 2013 wedding
4. My biggest challenge is a busy work schedule that doesn’t allow for a regular eating schedule and sometimes not the healthiest food..
5. I live in Michigan.

Amanda August 1, 2012 at 5:04 am

1. I try to keep a food journal using sparks but its hard to find the food to actually fit what I ate.
2. I work out when I can, I am also a farmer’s daughter and that helps :-) Once school starts again, our gym teacher has me in the weight room every day after school.
3. My goal is to lose 10 more pounds by my November 2012 wedding. I have already lost 10.
4. My biggest challenge is finding time to complete a total workout routine. Time is the biggest issue and knowing what to do and how to do it.
5. I live in Michigan.

Liz August 1, 2012 at 7:16 am

1. Yes – myfitnesspal.com
2. Up to 3x a week.
3. Find new workouts to keep me motivated & entertained :)
4. Keeping with the workouts!
5. South Jersey

Michelle August 1, 2012 at 7:49 am

1. Do you keep a food journal? no
2. How often do you work out now? almost never
3. What is your goal from FTBB? to get fit for my wedding and have more energy
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? motivation!
5. Where do you live? Syracuse, NY

De Leigh August 1, 2012 at 7:53 am

1. I do not keep a food journal.
2. 2 X a week.

2. How often do you work out now? 3-5 times/wk
3. What is your goal from FTBB? Lose 15 pounds, tone up
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? Eating healthy
5. Where do you live? Texas

Melissa August 2, 2012 at 1:20 am

1. No
2. Never in gym (does pinning pinterest workouts count? lol)
3. tone up and feel better before my wedding
4. time! I work 2 jobs :-(
5. Michigan!

Sarah August 4, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Is it too late to join and is there anything else you need to do to join the plan???

1. Do you keep a food journal? No but will start
2. How often do you work out now? Whenever I can, once a week but planning to increase
3. What is your goal from FTBB? Hopefully loose 5kgs, tone up the stomach and arms
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? Motivation to exercise and binge snacking
5. Where do you live? Sydney, Australia

Laura August 5, 2012 at 8:21 am

1. Do you keep a food journal? Yes, Lose It app on my iPhone.
2. How often do you work out now? Rarely :)
3. What is your goal from FTBB? Tone up and lose a little weight before my engagement pictures in November!
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? Going on out with friends and pure laziness.
5. Where do you live? Dallas, TX

Carey August 6, 2012 at 7:02 am

1. No.
2. Currently, none.
3. Get healthier…and maybe lose a few pounds before my wedding.
4. Eating healthier…especially with trying to feed my fiance, too.
5. Tennessee

shana August 7, 2012 at 8:24 pm

1. Do you keep a food journal? yes, on my fitness pal.
2. How often do you work out now? erm… pretty much never.
3. What is your goal from FTBB? feel better and weigh less by my wedding date!
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? sticking with it on the weekends, ugh.
5. Where do you live? Riverside, CA

May August 9, 2012 at 7:06 pm

1. Do you keep a food journal? Yes, myfitnesspal.com
2. How often do you work out now? about 4 days a week
3. What is your goal from FTBB? get lean and toned muscles!
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? getting the motivation to eat healthier
5. Where do you live? Cincinnati, Ohio

Kaci September 17, 2012 at 5:04 pm

1. Do you keep a food journal?
-I used myfitnesspal for awhile but havent recently..
2. How often do you work out now?
-Sometimes once a week if I’m lucky.
3. What is your goal from FTBB?
-Well I have a little over a year until my wedding & I would like to start loosing weight now! I want to loose about 50 lbs to get me back to 125.
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge?
-Finding the motivation to exercise.
5. Where do you live?
-Florida

Erica Blackwell December 26, 2012 at 3:05 pm

1.do you keep a food journal?
– I have used Fitday.com but find it hard to remember to log in and actually use it
2. How often do you work out now?
I do my best to workout at least 3 times a week.
3. What is your goal from FTBB?
I would like to get back to 145-150lbs
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge?
I have a 4 month old son so finding the time to work out and keep up with him
5. Where do you live?
Southeast Texas

tahnee January 17, 2013 at 11:42 pm

1. Not consistently
2. 4-5x per week
3. Feel better, tone up, Los 12 lbs by July wedding :-)
4. Nighttime snacking and saying no to wine
5. Montana :-)

Mariah July 19, 2013 at 9:56 am

Is this program still ongoing?

1. Yes, UP band by Jawbone
2. 2-3 days weightlifting, 2-3 days cardio per week
3. To get some motivation to stay on track
4. My taco bell addiction and lack of time for the kitchen
5. Austin, TX

Mackenzie July 25, 2013 at 8:14 pm

1. No
2. I actually just had a baby so haven’t been in the fitness field for a couple months. Prior, 4-5 times a week
3. Lose baby weight (15 lbs left) tone and tighten

3. lose weight and get toned
4. sticking with the program and motivation
5. Roseville, CA

Susan December 29, 2013 at 9:24 pm

1. Do you keep a food journal? No
2. How often do you work out now? Occasionally
3. What is your goal from FTBB? I’d like to gain better overall wellness as well as lose 20-30 lbs before my wedding in November, 2014
4. What do you think will be your biggest challenge? Food cravings and not overeating.
5. Where do you live? Northeastern Pennsylvania