I’m feeling inspired to inspire today, and with yellow up next on my list, I felt a cheery pull to write this post as soon as possible. That’s really the trick with yellow, isn’t it – it makes me think of sunflowers, summer corn and those little Lemonheads candies that I just love!
Tips for brides who are going with a yellow color scheme:
– Mix and match. Solid, singular yellow is kind of boring, but by adding shades and tones into the mix you’ll get a lively, bright wedding. You can even add in a contrasting color, like teal, green or gray.
– Don’t be afraid to go bright, especially in the summer! Softened, creamy yellows can be perfect for winter weddings, but for summer? Go for the gold, figuratively speaking, of course!
– Putting your bridesmaids in yellow? Try going with cute, tea-length dresses like this Amanda Uprichard dress or the darling Amsale Ruffle Silk Dress! Lighter yellow tends to be more flattering for most skin tones… so if you aren’t letting them choose, be nice.
Heading to a yellow wedding as a guest? Here are a few hints:
– Go for a complimentary color. I love the teal of Ella Moss’ Georgia Dress, the warm green color of the Can Beryl-y Wait Dress from ModCloth or the beautiful gray Peplum Sleeveless Dress from Vince Camuto.
– If you’re crafty, make a gift for the day of the wedding! I love the look of the flag banner above the cake (in the first image) and it’s something pretty easy to make – gather up paper in the colors of the wedding, cut into pennants and either lace string through holes in the top or pin the project together for an easy, thoughtful and beautiful gift!
What are your tips for brides who want to go bright?