Maybe you’re done with weddings this season, but I know I’m not! I love getting to visit with old friends on their special day, and part of what makes that so fun is going out of your way to look just fabulous.
I’ve made a few mistakes in my time, but for the most part I’m happy with the looks I have gone with at weddings. That’s partially because I follow a few easy rules:
– For color: no black, white or red, unless they’re part of a print (or unless you get the go-ahead from the bride herself!)
– For style: if you wouldn’t wear it around your family, don’t wear it around someone else’s.
– For trends: simple and timeless is best. The trendier you go, the less risk you have of looking like a dork ten years down the road.
– The Golden Rule: Never, EVER show up the bride.
So, with that in mind, here are six outfits that are summer wedding friendly without sacrificing style! Remember that if you love part (or all!) of the outfit, you can click on any image below and buy it for yourself!
1. The outdoor and comfortable wedding:
2. The formal event wedding:
3. The afternoon casual wedding:
4. The beach wedding:
5. The downtown chic wedding:
6. The family-friendly wedding (also known as “the wedding where your dress ought to be grandmother approved!”):
Would you wear any – or all! – of these looks to a summer wedding?