Here are some great tips for skincare from Dr. Murad when it comes to traveling – every bride-to-be should read these before she heads out for her honeymoon!
When traveling by plane:
- Recycled air circulating around planes can wreck havoc on a complexion and cause skin to lose moisture very quickly. Before boarding an aircraft, apply an all-purpose cream such as Murad’s Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture and Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture for eyes for hours of hydrating protection. Additionally, applying Murad’s Soothing Skin Lip and Cuticle Care to your lips, cuticles and dry spots (such as your elbows) every hour which will help condition and revitalize dry skin.
- And while the peanuts and pretzels may look delicious, salt can cause swelling. Instead, eat your water while in flight to stay hydrated. Snack on raw fruits and vegetables like carrots and apples which are filled with water and cell strengthening nutrients. This step will allow the body to retain water longer by providing maximum hydration on the cellular level.
When traveling by car:
- Road trips may feel like the most comfortable way to travel with friends and family, but they can leave the skin a bit dry due to sun exposure and excessive heat or air conditioning.
- When embarking on a road trip, remember to apply sunscreen even if it isn’t sunny outside. Harmful rays can penetrate through clouds and car windows, adding up to potential sun damage overtime. Murad’s Essential C Day Moisture SPF 30 provides essential hydration for dry skin on the face, neck and décolletage, as well as infusing skin with antioxidants, anti-inflammatories and hydrators to help protect against free radical damage. For the arms and the rest of the body, Murad’s Oil-Free Sunblock SPF 30 offers broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection to prevent sun and free radical damage.
- Before heading out and while on the road, try not to drink too much coffee, as caffeine is a major cause of dehydration. Instead, make your own refreshing smoothie before leaving your house and store it in a thermos to enjoy on the road later.
- Cruising to exotic locations or near home can be luxurious. However, it can also zap the moisture out of the complexion due to exposure to salt water and ocean breezes. Maintaining a proper skincare regimen while on vacation is important to keep the skin healthy and nourished. Wash away dirt and impurities each night and revitalize tired skin with Murad’s Resurgence Renewing Cleansing Cream. Make sure to follow it up with a moisturizer with SPF, such as Perfecting Day Cream SPF 30, every day for lightweight hydration that stimulates the skin.
For all travel destinations:
- Do remember to get enough sleep even while on vacation. Eight hours of sleep a night is the best medicine for skin, as it goes into a much needed repair cycle while the body is resting.
- Don’t overindulge on alcoholic beverages. Alcohol is a main contributor of causing excessive dehydration, not only for the body but for the skin too. Select a mocktail instead or alternate water with cocktails to keep your body hydrated.
- Always remember to grab a pair of sunglasses (two, even!) for both you and your husband.
What are your tips for beautiful, glowing skin while on vacation?