I love getting creative when I plan for the music at my wedding, and the recessional is no exception. I’ve had a ton of people ask me what songs we’d recommend for this important part of your day, so I selected a few options for you! From romantic classics to fun and upbeat, there’s a little bit for everyone in this post.
Oh, and brides? If you’ve already picked your recessional music, share it with us in the comments. All of our brides-to-be could use the extra help!
1. This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) by Natalie Cole – I chose the shorter version of this song because, really, the long one is over five minutes. Don’t take that long walking back up the aisle.
2. Celebration by Kool and the Gang – A classic!
3. Stolen by Dashboard Confessional – There’s something romantic about walking with your new husband and hearing the words “You have stolen my heart.”
4. Stuck Like Glue by Sugarland – I’m not the biggest Jennifer Nettles fan, but this song? Yeah, it works. (And holy crap, the video is hilarious!)
5. Better Life by Keith Urban – the second of the two country songs, it has a great beat and has that feeling of new beginnings.
6. In Love With a Girl by Gavin Degraw – I love this song. It’s cute, upbeat and romantic – great for a celebratory walk with your new husband.
7. Love and Memories by O.A.R. – You’re playing this one for the beat. It’s fun and upbeat (as long as you don’t listen too closely to the lyrics).
8. Good Life by OneRepublic – This one makes me think of happy summer days.
9. Good Time by Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen – A newer song, but it’s happy and poppy. It’s such a bright and cheery choice.
Share your song ideas in the comments!