Unique Wedding Songs (you haven’t heard before!)

by jaime on February 7, 2013

I’ve been saving up some secret wedding songs, but wanted to share a few with you – these are beautiful, and I can almost guarantee there’s at least one song here you’ve never heard (and will adore!).

Farewell Milwaukee – Always Be Your Man: I can’t get enough of this song. It’s making me all warm and fuzzy inside, which you definitely want in a first dance song!

Rosi Golan – Think of Me: Cute, romantic and a great pace for slow dancing.

Tim McMorris – Overwhelmed: you may have heard this song before on a Sam Adams commercial, but don’t let that fool you into thinking this isn’t an amazingly romantic, beautiful song. And the video will make you misty-eyed!

Green River Ordinance – Endlessly: This is a beautiful choice from the guy’s perspective. So crazy romantic.

The Weepies – Gotta Have You: A pretty, female-centric song that is the right amount of whimsical and romantic (while still being dance-able.)

James Carrington – Ache: This is a great song for a couple who started as friends! Beautiful song about the progression of true love. (PS: this is a LONG song. Cut some out if you want to dance to it.)

Did you choose a unique song for your first dance?

Melissa February 7, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Yes!! My husband surprised me and chose our first dance song!! I loved it!!!!! He chose “she’s my kind of crazy” by Brantley Gilbert!!

Megan February 12, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Hello Jamie. I haven’t been following you for long, so if you have already done this, I apoligize. But, I was wondering if you could do a post of songs that could be played for the seating of the parents. I am so stuck on a song because I don’t want to use a song that has been overused such as My Wish or Because You Loved Me. If you could help me out, I would be very appreciative. Thanks!

Clare February 23, 2013 at 6:06 pm

You’ve got to have some James Morrison at your wedding- beautiful voice and I haven’t seen any of his songs listed on your site before (although I may be wrong!) Check out “you make it real” or “I won’t let you go” , http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sgRb_lfIZ6A&feature=relmfu and I also love “you give me something” http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=Y8_Qhq7XpFU
Hope these links work! Got a bit carried away listening to these songs!

Rina April 2, 2013 at 1:47 pm

We’re having EITHER

Follow Me by John Denver

Or

Butterfly by Donovan Frankenreiter

wendy currie Aus May 19, 2013 at 5:09 am

Our First Song will be Love me Like the World is Ending – Ben Lee.

Tesah August 31, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Jamie, I love you! You’re a genius. I love all the songs you posted here. and you’re right I have never heard them before. Thank you for sharing them!!

karen c January 1, 2014 at 12:42 am

If you want something more theatrical and not pop check out this medley of ON MY WAY TO YOU and YOU AND I from the album A Siren’s Odyssey – By Tres Hanley – Millman. Really beautiful lyrics and grand sounding arrangement/orchestration

Gillian January 17, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Hey Jaime, your post is great! I’m helping a friend put together some playlists for her wedding and, after looking through many websites, it’s refreshing to come across your list! Thanks again :)

NH June 12, 2014 at 3:37 am