DIY Doilie Candleholder for the tablescape

by jaime on March 4, 2013

DIY-candle-holders-with-doilie

I got this DIY from spirello, and I just adore it! This is a clever way to use doilies to add additional depth to your tablescape. Below are her steps – leave comments if you can recommend other tips to make this process easier!

You need:

Old crochet doilies
A balloon
Soak the doilies in the glue, and stick them on the balloon. I used five doilies.
Let the doilies overlap a little bit.
Hang the balloon to dry. My doilies are quite thick, and needed at least a day to dry.
When its dry you prick the balloon, and voila – you have a beautiful candle holder.

Carolyn March 31, 2013 at 1:12 pm

What size doilies did you use?

RE Hampton November 24, 2013 at 2:20 pm

these are so pretty;going to try; hope they turn out as pretty as the picture. Need them for an event April 2014.

RE

sarah December 10, 2013 at 10:09 pm

If you could tell me where you got those exact doilies from you would be my favorite person ever! I have been looking for exactly those for a pottery project for year now!

Maria December 26, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Did you make the doilies your self or did you purchased them ?
Can you share your pattern if you have it ? Please

susan January 30, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Can you tell me where you got cloth doilies? I have found small cloth ones but none that
are 12-14 inch diameter in cloth. Paper aren’t quite as nice. You’re look great.

Donna March 7, 2014 at 1:19 pm

I just love these. They’re beautiful. Now I have to go back to Michaela and buy some more doilies if they have some. They come in all colors, so you could make them for all seasons. (they are larger, so not sure if they would work?)

Rebecca April 21, 2014 at 6:38 pm

I love this idea, but I would be worried about them tipping over. I think that maybe placing a large washer or quarter on the bottom of the balloon just before you place the doileys might be sufficient to create a flat surface to discourage tipping. Just an idea.
Great idea though.