While not all of us got to go on our honeymoon right after the wedding, those who are planning it need to take extra care in the packing process – after all, you’re preparing for two big events! While you’re getting the beach bag ready (may I recommend one from Be You Fashion? I love these bags!), keep these items in mind – you’re going to want them when you get to your sandy destination. And no, I didn’t include your swimsuit. Let’s hope you remember that one on your own!
1. The Wet Brush: Don’t torture your hair! This brush helps detangle without tugging or tearing – I use mine in the shower, and it’s absolutely coming with me on my honeymoon. Plus, it’s under $10, so it won’t break the bank.
2. A high SPF lip balm: Sort of obvious, but people often overlook the importance of a great SPF for their lips. Check out COOLA’s lipbalm, or just head to your local drugstore and grab some of the Nivea lipbalm. But check the SPF – you need 15 or above!
3. Sunscreen: Spray or lotion, it doesn’t matter as long as it can hold up through the sand, sun and waves. This is a non-negotiable addition to your bag, because who wants skin cancer? That’s right – no one.
4. Sunglasses: I’ve been rocking my pair of Wayfarers for a while now, but I recommend taking a backup pair of sunglasses with you on your trip – a pair that you won’t be heartbroken over if you lost them. I like the customizable aspect of Knockarounds, and they’re all under $30!
5. A perfect cover-up: Some like a sarong, others prefer a flowing dress. Whatever your preference, make sure to throw it in the bag! I love this cover-up from Ted Baker – it’s so bright and tropical!
6. A great book!: Check out the list of honeymoon reads that I recommended a while back – there are tons of great options, especially if you’re like me and don’t own a Kindle/tablet. I’m all about the paperbacks, ladies!
What must-haves are you packing in your beach bag?