A little beauty inspiration never hurts, especially when it can translate well to your wedding day style. I love this hairstyle on Kate Beckinsale (also, how is her skin that amazing? How?!?!), and wanted to share the steps to get it yourself!
Overall Inspiration: “With her wholesome, English rose good looks, Kate can get away with quite a bit of edginess in her hairstyle, so we went with a punk-inspired diva look that’s a bit different from her usual soft flowing waves.”
“Get the Look”
- Start by spraying Moroccanoil Root Boost directly on to the roots of damp hair. The spray will help add body and hold and it’s a great way to set the style in. It’ll also make hair more pliable and easier to work with.
- Start blow drying your hair using a skeleton brush; use your fingers to create texture and additional volume. Once the hair is fully dry, separate into a horseshoe shaped section (the part between both temples & your crown area) and clip the top section away.
- Pull the bottom section into a low, side ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with an elastic. Then coil & wrap the tail into a messy bun. You can even tug a few strands out to create naturally falling bits and to loosen the bun. Secure it with bobby pins.
- Take the hair from the top section and backcomb the roots using Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Teasing Brush to maximize the volume at the crown and create a slightly disheveled texture.
- Secure the top section into the existing, loose bun with bobby pins.
- Mist the hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray to add shine and long-lasting hold. Spray a little on finger tips and work it into the single strands to help define. Secure the final look with a few more pins. You’re good to go!
Love this style – what do you think?